Sunday, June 21, 2015

ELA End of Year Letter MaxF 811

         Dear Class 811 and Ms. Galang

          I've learned a lot  in ELA this year, but there were two activities I liked in particular. The final play for Romeo and Juliet was fun to act out, as well as use the props. I guess I like doing plays and stuff like that. It was also interesting seeing the movie and how it differed from the book, such as the scene where Paris was killed wasn't in. Some parts also seemed to go faster than other parts. The modern remake of the movie was hilarious because of how corny and cheesy it is, with the old lyrics and a mid-late 1900's theme. The words are really outdated, so its kind of weird in this modern setting. Another thing I found fun was writing haikus in the poetry unit. I like haikus because they have a format of syllables and lines, which makes it easier and harder for me. I also do like them because they are short, only 3 lines.
          Some hopes for the future of writing is that for tests we can do them digitally instead of on paper. It would mean that teachers wouldn't have to grade tests, There would be somewhat less potential for cheating, and for me at least, it is much faster and hurts my hand a lot less. I feel like a technological upgrade is required to keep with the times. Sadly, money is blocking this possibility from becoming true. However, it may become reality someday.

Sincerely, Max

No comments:

Post a Comment